Arctic Research or Supply Vessel now available at WC Canada
We can now offer a strong vessel that was built and operated for the Canadian Coast Guard. The ship is ideal for Arctic/antarctic Expeditions or conversion to expeditionary cruiser or Exploreryacht, i.e. for Alaska/Greenland/Iceland/Spitzbergen adventure cruises. The ship was laid up several years ago professionally with all gear functioning. She is still in good condition but will need a full re-activation effort, therefore comes at a bargain price of only: USD$ 250,000 - 'as is where is' near Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Year Built: 1969 - Builder: Marine Industries Ltd. Tracy QC, Canada - Modernized: 1990 at Marystown Shipyard - Available Berths: 29 - Certified for: 29 persons
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS AND STATISTICS
- Length: 60.29m - Breadth: 12.95m - Depth: 4.54m - Draft: 3.66m - Gross Tonnage: 1462t - Net Tonnage: 581t - Freeboard: 1.15m - Cruising Range: 3300 nm - Endurance: 21 days - Cruising Speed: 11 kts - Max Speed: Kts 12 kts - Fresh Water: 146m cubic meters - Fuel Capacity: 240 cubic meters - Fuel Consumption: 6m cu per day @ 11kts - Brake power is 1566 KW (2100 HP)
NAVIGATION- COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT - Anschutz Gyro - Sailor RDF - United Public Address & Telephone Console - X-band radar PPI - S-band radar PPI - MX-420 Lieca GPS - Skanti VHF DSC Radio
Note: There are no trade restrictions on the electronic Navigation and Communication equipment remaining aboard the vessel
PROPULSION AND STEERING
- 2 diesel, Mirlees-Blackstone engines - 4-stroke - Model KLSDM-6, 783 Kw each (1050 hp) - Main Engines maintained within CCG practices - 4 blades LIPS controllable pitch propellers - Steering Gear: Brown Brothers rotary vane unit
GENERATORS / ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- 4 Ship Service generators: - Iveco Stamford 270 kw-1800 RPM-460v - Electrical System Insulation Test June 2010 with no significant deficiencies - 1 Emergency Motor Generator Set: 1x 3406 Caterpillar generator engine + 1x Stamford NewAge generator 219 kva
HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS / CRANES - Main Hoist: Derrick, Safe Working Load 20t - Crane: HIAB Knuckle Boom Crane
AUXILLARY SYSTEMS - Control Room Systems, bilge system, ballast system, fuel/lube oil purifying systems, sanitary system, reverse osmosis water system, cooling system, boiler, and firefighting system
- Common Areas: Officer's mess and lounge, Crew's mess and lounge, gymnasium, galley, laundry room - Number of Available Berths: 29 berths - 3 Cabins intended for senior personnel are equipped with a washroom space containing a toilet, a wash basin, and a shower
- Class Voyage: The vessel was built to Lloyds Class ll & Lloyds Machinery Class + LMC. - Ice Class: Originally built ice strengthened for near-shore ice (hull Lloyd's Class II) - MARPOL: Yes
Please contact us for arrangements to view. Our engineers can undertake the re-activation for you and our team can sail her to any destination you may consider.
Any use, disclosure, forward, printing or copying of this post without expressed permission is strictly prohibited. All particulars are believed to be correct but not guaranteed. All offers are made subject to prior sale, changes in specifications or price and to withdrawal from sales list without notice. Copyright © 2019 Wissmann & Associates LLC, All rights reserved.